June 2, 2010

For Sam, and Ben. At Witching Hour, Winchester Bay, Oregon.

It was 11:37 west coast time when I knew it was soon time to burn the candle again. This is modern ritual and I do it so it lasts 7 days, the burning of the white candle that one may pass the bardo. But this is a new age, we are creating new myths, our tribe is our tribe and the new rituals matter only when so moved by one's own individual moment: therin, or where-in of course, is one's own truth. Which is why for Molly, the secret code words of power aren't Tibetan at all but live in poems. Make them read poems. She was a poet, and a painter, that's how she goes. Purity reigns here, reigns free, in poetry. These are power words then that will source her home.

We are creating new myths, here? Read this every one of you and scared, superstitious, alight, trust-full, heart of grief whatever you are trust that the choices you make matter. Raise your power, realize it is love. Love more. Think of love like fire. Fire transmutes, turns wood in to ash. Ash feeds earth, grows life again. Fire is like love, love changes things. Think of love like it's fire. It's a pure and real thing. Raise your love inside you start with the feeling in your heart of your own beam. Direct it at love, direct it at her.

From the back end of my eyes where the second sight lives I saw movement several times about my motel room here, it started an hour or more ago but it was 11:37 when it stirred in my heart. It must be close to 12 I thought when I felt the clear stir, bc no matter what midnight is a special time. The best name I've ever heard for the consciousness shift at midnite is, yes, the witching hour.

Everything is sacred, and profane. This is life. This is life god damn it! It's all sacred, it's all shit, that's the funny irony. She lived this. May her life be exemplary of this. As such, I didn't want to pray yet, Steven Colbert was on and I paid good money for this shitshack motel. I paid extra for wifi and still am stealing it on slow low one bar, unsecured, anyway. But then the time was right, it got closer to 12, I lit the candle and fell right in to prayer and she was here, in and out in and out of this room, more than once. I asked the Archangel Michael to be near, but as I write this Gabriel's name almost came out and so now, too, in that the candle's still burning I will pray to draw him near, as well.

Blessed be sister and friend. From the love beam place of grace that is the smile on her face I lifted up this prayer, I asked that she guide me in love to the poem/s she most wanted. I read aloud, I read fast, I read these leaves in and to the open air:

...O that man might take this secret, of which the world is full even to its littlest things, more humbly to himself and bear it, endure it, more seriously and feel how terribly difficult it is, instead of taking it lightly. That he might be more reverent toward his fruitfulness...Therefor, dear sir, love your solitude and bear with sweet-sounding lamentation the suffering it causes you. For those who are near you are far, you say, and that shows it is beginning to grow wide about you. And when what is near you is far, then your distance is already among the stars and very large; rejoice in your growth, in which you naturally can take no one with you, and be kind to those who remain behind, and be sure and calm before then and do not torment them with your doubts and do not frighten them with your confidence or joy, which they could not understand. Seek yourself some sort of simple and loyal community with them...

from Letters to a Young Poet, Rainer Maria Rilke, Worpswede, near Bremen, July 16, 1903

I asked that she guide me, smiles and love, and this was my favorite, for ecstat and ecstat love and I could feel her, feel her! beaming and near:

Revolutionary Letter # 49 (read loud and fast, see her smiling, whirling round)
Free Julian Beck
Free Timothy Leary
Free seven million starving in Pakistan
Free all political prisoners
Free Angela Davis
Free Soledad brothers
Free Martin Sobel
Free Sacco & Vanzetti
Free Big Bill Hayward
Free Sitting Bull
Free Carzy Horse
Free all political prisoners
Free Billy the Kid
Free Jesse James
Free all political prisoners
Free Nathan Hale
Free Joan of Arc
Free Galileo & Bruno & Eckhart
Free Jesus Christ
Free Socrates
Free all political prisoners
Free all political prisoners
All prisoners are political prisoners
Every pot smoker a political prisoner
Every holdup man a political prisoner
Every forger a political prisoner
Every angry kid who smashed a window a political prisoner
Every whore, pimp, murderer, a political prisoner
Every pederast, dealer, drunk driver, burglar
poacher, striker, strike breaker, rapist
Polar bear at San Francisco zoo, political prisoner
Ancient wise turtle at Detroit Museum, political prisoner
Flamingos dying in Phoenix tourist park, political prisoners
Otters in Tucson Desert Museum, political prisoners
Elk in Wyoming grazing behind barbed wire, political prisoners
Prairie dogs poisoned in New Mexico, war casualties
(Mass grave of Wyoming gold eagles, a battlefield)
Every kid in school a political prisoner
Every lawyer in his cubicle a political prisoner
Every doctor brainwashed by AMA a political prisoner
Every housewife a political prisoner
Every teacher lying through sad teeth a political prisoner
Every indian on reservation a political prisoner
Ever black man a political prisoner
Every faggot hiding in bar a political prisoner
Every junkie shooting up in a john a political prisoner
Every woman a political prisoner
Every woman a political prisoner
You are political prisoner locked in tense body
You are political prisoner locked in stiff mind
You are political prisoner locked to your parents
You are political prisoner locker to you past
Free yourself
Free yourself
I am political prisoner locked in anger habit
I am political prisoner locked in greed habit
I am political prisoner locked in fear habit
I am political prisoner locked in dull senses
I am political prisoner locked in numb flesh
Free me
Free me
Help to free me
Free yourself
Help to free me
Free yourself
Help to free me
Free Barry Goldwater
Help to free me
Free Governor Wallace
Free President Nixon
Free J Edgar Hoover
Free them
Free yourself
Free them
Free yourself
Free yourself
Free them
Free yourself
Help to free me
Free us
DANCE

by Diane diPrima

Amen, amen amen. I hold you all in my arms, our arms are heart long, heart strong.

No comments: